Due to the tireless efforts and research of scientists and engineers around the globe, solar energy has evolved into a reliable and sustainable power source. Today, solar panels provide virtually maintenance-free energy for homes and businesses of any size and shape.
More and more people are discovering that solar panels provide a financially-sound way to take control of rising electricity bills, contribute to the nation's energy independence, and help minimize their negative impact on the environment. The current technology proves that now is the time to make an important investment in your own energy independence.
Installing a solar-powered energy system is no longer cost-prohibitive. Government tax credits and local tax incentives give you a way to save thousands on future energy expenses. Best Energy Power™ also offers financing options that will assist you with a new system installation. These options may not last forever! With incentives and financing readily available, Why not call BEP and speak to a representative about an investment in solar energy for your home and business.
How Do Solar Panels Work
Want to declare your energy independence? Not sure how? Solar power can free you from rising energy costs. Learn more about solar panels and how they work from the experts at Best Energy Power™!
Solar Power - The Carbon Cure
You hear the news: storms and natural disasters are stronger and more destructive year after year. You read the headlines: droughts, floods, wildfires, and heat waves are widespread and commonplace. You see it around you and you know it exists. Species are disappearing, glaciers are melting, and rivers are evaporating.
Climate change is an indisputable fact. Highly regarded scientists agree that climate change is a rapidly advancing human crisis that threatens millions of people, various natural species, and the overall environment. These drastic negative effects on our environment are due to humankind's largest impact - the production of excess carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gas emissions in the atmosphere.
Although carbon dioxide is produced naturally, the excess production of carbon dioxide is directly associated with human activity. Fortunately, we have the ability to change our prognosis. We've been diagnosed with a curable disease, but we can only heal if we make a substantial change in our behavior and it must include all facets of society - including government, business and individuals. Solar energy can play a major part in reducing carbon dioxide emissions and you can have a major role by installing an affordable solar-powered energy system to your home.
Best Energy Power™ believes in the power of the Sun and in the potential of current solar-powered energy systems. The facts on solar energy are undeniable. A standard solar-powered energy system of 3.36 kWh will prevent 5,208 pounds of coal from being burned each year and take the harmful emissions of 1.1 cars per year off the road. Over a 25 year life, a standard solar-powered energy system can offset almost 325,000 miles driven by the average car or over 1,000,000 hours of lighting from a standard 100 watt bulb.
One home, one town, one community can change the world. Change the world by changing your energy habits at home - switch to solar energy. Let Best Energy Power™ help you harness the power of the sun to save the planet while saving you money at the same time.
- How does a solar-powered energy system work?
- How do I know if a solar-powered electric system would work on my home or business?
- Is shade an issue for my solar-powered energy system?
- What is Net Metering?
- Will a system produce enough energy to cover all my electricity needs?
- What happens at night? Will my system work on cloudy days?
- What do the terms on-grid, grid-connected, grid-tied and off-grid mean?
- How many solar panels do I need to produce enough electricity to run my home or business?
- Can the system withstand high winds and hail?
- Are government incentives available to reduce the price?
- How long will my solar power system last?
- How can I tell how my system is performing?
- What maintenance does the system require?
- How can Best Energy Power™ help me?
- 1. How does a solar-powered energy system work?
- Solar cells are mounted on your roof and convert sunlight into Direct Current or DC electricity. The system's inverter then turns DC electricity into the same electric current that comes from your traditional utility lines. During the day, if your solar system produces more electricity than your home or business is using, your utility may allow net metering (or the crediting of your utility account for the excess power generated being returned to the grid). top
- 2. How do I know if a solar-powered electric system would work on my home or business?
- Solar electric power works for most structures. Our systems work with most roofing materials and in most locations where direct sunlight is available. You need a sunny place on your roof with a minimum of 385 square foot for a 5 KW system . Shading from trees or other obstructions can reduce the practicality of a specific installation but can still produce about 90 percent of the projected output. A south-facing roof area is optimal, but solar electric panels can be mounted on west- or east- facing roofs and still produce about than 90 percent of the power of a true south roof mounting. top
- 3. Is shade an issue for my solar-powered energy system?
- All individual solar cells on a module must receive full sunlight for the module to work properly. If any portion of the module is shaded, the entire module power output, even those sections exposed to sunlight, is lowered. top
- 4. What is Net Metering?
Net metering allows for excess power generated by your solar-powered energy system to be fed back to your utility in order for you to get credits in KW. When there is no light outside (for instance, at night) you first use the credit that your system has generated during the day.
Best Energy Power™ will analyze your annual Kw usage and design a system that will generate enough power to offset your usage. Our goal is to bring your utility bill down to zero by generating an excess amount of KW during the daylight and using those credits when there is no light outside.
- 5. Will a system produce enough energy to cover all my electricity needs?
- BEP's primary goal is to offset 100% of your electric usage; however, it is important to understand that a solar electric system does not need to provide all of the electricity you need to show its great value. For instance, a small system that displaces a portion of your electric usage will reduce your electric bill because "net metering" to your utility company serves as the battery storage of unused electric. top
- 6. What happens at night? Will my system work on cloudy days?
- At night, your solar-powered energy system will not work; however, "net metering" will allow you to use the Kw credit that your system generated during the day. Sunlight must be present for your solar system to produce power. During cloudy days, your system will generate a little less power. Best Energy Power™ uses data generated by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) to calculate the average daylight in your area over a 365-day year in order to calculate what your system will generate. top
- 7. What do the terms on-grid, grid-connected, grid-tied and off-grid mean?
- On-grid, grid-connected or grid-tied means connected to the utility electrical grid. Our solar-powered energy systems are designed as on-grid systems, meaning that they interconnect with your existing utility service. Off-grid refers to systems that are not connected to the utility electrical grid. top
- 8. How many solar panels do I need to produce enough electricity to run my home or business?
- The size you need depends on your average electrical usage, climate, roof angle, shading problems and many other factors. To approximate the size you need, contact us for a free site assessment, and we'll provide you a free analysis. top
- 9. Can the system withstand high winds and hail?
- The panels are supported by our engineer-designed mounting system that has been tested to withstand 120 mph winds and can work on almost every type of roofing material. The modules can withstand one inch (2.5 cm) hailstones at 50 mph (80.5 kph). top
- 10. Are government incentives available to reduce the price?
- Yes. State agencies and municipal utilities offer rebate and incentive programs for homeowners and businesses to promote the installation of renewable energy equipment such as the ones we offer. Incentives can cut the cost of your system in half, saving you thousands of dollars. Sit down with our experts at BEP to tell you more about the incentives available in your area. top
- 11. How long will my solar power system last?
- With no moving parts and made of very inert materials, our solar-powered energy systems are tough. Most of the related system components will last for many years without problems and all of the solar panels system that we offer come with a 25-year manufacturer guarantee. top
- 12. How can I tell how my system is performing?
- Located oustide your home, we isntall an inverter which tells you exactly how much electricity you generated from your system, as well other data. top
- 13. What maintenance does the system require?
The beauty of a solar-powered energy system is that there is no maintenance required. Because your system does not include any moving parts, no maintenance is needed.
We do recommend a visual "checkup" once in a while to confirm that everything is in place and working properly.
- 14. How can Best Energy Power™ help me?
Simply put, Best Energy Power™ will save you time and money. We take the headache out of the installation process and relieve you of the stress by providing you with an affordable, no maintenance solar-powered energy system. Simply put, we handle everything, from A to Z. We'll even take care of any permits that are necessary.
Our experts will sit down with you to determine the best system for your home and/or business, help you apply for all government incentives, and provide you with financing that will assist you in making this smart investment.
BEP leaves nothing to chance and covers all aspects of your solar-powered energy system installation. We will meet with your utility company to discuss "net metering" and utility rebates can be assigned to BEP as part of your payment. We have a proven track record of success and satisfied customers. We encourage you to look around our site for all the information you need on solar energy installation.